Healthcare Distribution Direct is a nationwide delivery company based in Heckmondwike. We specialize in the delivery, installation, demonstration and handover of all types of healthcare products and furniture. We are looking to recruit an experienced home delivery person to join our growing team. HDD have a fleet of 3.5t Luton box vans delivering mobility products/ furniture to residential homes working with home delivery drivers/ engineers to ensure product are delivered safely.
Involves delivering Healthcare product with our Delivery Engineer, ensuring the 3.5t Luton box van is kept tidy, loading and unloading of products from our warehouse in Heckmondwike.
Start times between 3.00 to 7.00am delivering items throughout the UK into residential homes, unwrap the items and let the customer check/sign all paperwork, full demonstrationist required.
All the customers will be pre booked in on a time slot of 2-3 hours and the routes already planned, a mobile phone will be provided as some customers may need a call 30-60 minutes before the delivery.
- Overnights are a must which will be planned, and hotel booked.
**** Maximum 3 night away per week and overtime maybe required. ****
Minimum Wage, working an average 50 – 60 hours per week
Please submit a CV and covering letter to apply for this vacancy, this is a physically demanding job & the starting times can be as early as 3:00am and the finish time varies pending on the start time/location.
All training will be provided on the job, you will be required to complete a minimum of 6-month probationary period
Responsibilities and Duties
- Loading & Unloading Vans.
- 5-ton Luton box van is kept tidy while out on the road
- Calling customers prior to arrival.
- Unpacking Mobility Product/ furniture items and assembling in customers’ homes,
- Completing a full demonstration for the customer
- Removing all packaging.
- Diagnosing and repairing all mobility products
- Taking some cash payments.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent customer service skill
- Home delivery experience ideal but not essential.
Job Type: Full-time